2009 Was a Lovely Year at Clos de la Tech
Each of the five wines was paired with a carefully selected, locally sourced or imported cheese that brought out flavor nuances.
Each guest was provided with a customized placemat, arrayed with five elegant 100mL Erlenmeyer flasks of the wines to be sampled along with the appropriate stemmed Burgundy goblet. Tasting notes about the wines and the cheeses were printed on the placemats, and tasters were encouraged to make their own notes to take home with them.
Pictured L-R: Karina Leal, Paulo Leal, Jennifer Loprete, Diego Loprete
The wines were:
- Domaine Lois Louise 2009, paired with Fiscalini Cheddar from Modesto, Calif.
- Domaine Valeta “Sunny Slope” 2009, paired with Central Coast Creamery Goat Cheddar from Paso Robles, Calif.
- Domaine Lois Louise “Twisty Ridge” 2009, paired with Pieve Vecchio from Italy
- Domaine Lois Louise “Cote Sud” 2009, paired with Cowgirl Creamery St. Pat from Point Reyes, Calif.
- Domaine du Docteur Rodgers 2009, paired with Fiscalini Cheddar from Modesto, Calif.
As one of the attendees said, “The side-by-side tasting format was great to help understand your terroir and its expression in the wine. I loved the Burgundian style and all the wines were so well balanced.” – Vivek S. Pendharkar
Stay tuned for upcoming posts that will feature tasting notes on each of the 2009 wines.